B- Information pursuant to Article 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO)
A- Data protection declaration
1. Consent to data transfer within the Bertrandt Group and to its potentially interested customers
The protection of your personal data is very important to us. We would therefore like to provide you with transparent information about our data protection principles and the procedures for using your information when you make an application via our e-Recruiting system. When applying to Bertrandt AG, you are applying to join an innovative company with modern IT and HR processes and systems.
Consent to data processing
By completing the registration and submitting your application, you agree:
- to be included in the applicant database of Bertrandt AG (this includes Bertrandt AG and affiliated companies within the meaning of Section 18 of the German Companies Act (these can be found at: https://www.bertrandt.com/unternehmen/konzern/standorte/),
- to grant our HR managers and HR recruiters of the Bertrandt Group access options for the purposes of selecting applicants,
- to the transfer of applicant data to existing and potentially interested customers.
You may withdraw your consent at any time. However, if you do so, we will no longer be able to consider your application in our selection process. Further details can be found in our Data Privacy Statement.
You also confirm that you have read and understood our Data Privacy Statement.
2. Data privacy statement with information on the handling of applicant data
The protection of your personal data is very important to us. We would therefore like to provide you with information about our data protection principles and the procedures for using your information when you make an application via our e-Recruiting system.
Bertrandt uses both technical and organisational security measures aimed at protecting your data against manipulation, loss, destruction and unauthorised access, and it continues to update its security measures in line with technological developments.
Controller of processing
Within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the controller of the processing of personal data as part of the application process is:
Name of controller:
Address of controller:
Tel: + 49 7034 656-0
Fax: + 49 7034 656-4151
Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is available to answer any questions you may have about the processing of your personal data. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Categories of data, purpose of data processing and legal basis
As part of the application process, we store the personal data provided by you. This applies to applications for specifically advertised vacancies as well as speculative applications.
When you register on our careers page, you either apply for a specific job advertisement or are looking for a job with us on your own initiative. The data which we request from you will be used by Bertrandt AG across the entire Group as well as by existing and potentially interested customers exclusively for the purpose of filling vacancies.
For the purposes of processing, the data provided by you is divided into the following categories:
- contact data (name, address, email, telephone / mobile phone number);
- additional questions depending on the respective job advertisement (e.g. driving licence);
- curriculum vitae (CV), in particular information on professional experience and training;
- certificates, qualifications, awards and language skills;
- files and documents made available to us via the upload function;
- cover letter;
- if applicable, video recording in which you answer questions on a voluntary basis and which can be played back at a later date;
- application photo;
- bank details (to reimburse travel expenses), if applicable;
- referral information, if applicable (How did you hear about us?)
In addition, we create data on the assessments and evaluations undertaken as part of the application process and keep a record of the application process.
Data collection and processing in the context of the application process are based on the legal provisions of Article 6 (1) (b) and (f) of the GDPR and Section 26 (1) of the Federal Data Protection Act.
On the basis of the consent you have given in accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR, we will process your data for similar recruitment procedures, regardless of whether you made a speculative application or responded directly to a job advertisement during your registration.
You can view, update and delete your data at any time in your Applicant Cockpit. Please note that you are responsible for the accuracy of your data.
In addition, we will process and use your data for the purposes of advice, advertising and market research only with your express consent, which must be given separately.
4. Data transfer within the Group, data transfer to third countries
In detail, Bertrandt AG s, as well as the subsidiaries of Bertrandt AG, which are affiliated companies within the meaning of Section 18 of the German Companies Act, the following personnel have access to your data:
- employees of the HR departments,
- employees of the Group organisations, such as divisions, units and sales, in which a vacancy is to be filled,
- executive personnel and potential line managers,
- Employees in customer service who, in the context of a potential customer interest in your application documents, transmit them to the customer,
- - Employees in administrative areas, in the context of onboarding, after a successful application, for the purpose of creating required documents and access authorisation cards,
- and employee representatives.
In case of potentially interested customers, these may include:
- the Recruitment Department;
- the Purchasing Department;
- the areas in which a vacancy is to be filled,
- executive personnel and potential line managers, and
- employee representatives.
The data is transferred exclusively for the purpose of the verification of your qualifications and in the context of processing current and subsequent application procedures and vacancy filling processes, as far as necessary to process the applications received.
Only such departments will receive your data that are entrusted with the preparation and implementation of the application process and staffing processes and whose involvement is necessary.
Your application is therefore not restricted to the specific position you have applied for.
You can find an overview of our affiliated companies within the meaning of Section 18 of the German Companies Act at: https://www.bertrandt.com/unternehmen/konzern/standorte/
For the technical implementation of the e-Recruiting process, we use a service provider who acts as a “processor” within the meaning of Article 28 of the GDPR. It processes personal data for these purposes and does so on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions.
If a transfer of data to third countries is necessary, this can take place provided that an appropriate level of security or guarantees are in place.
5. Storage of data
Your profile is activated whenever contact or changes are made, either by you or the recruiter, and is stored for a period of 180 days. Unless subject to a statutory retention period, the data will be erased as soon as storage is no longer required or the legitimate interest in its storage has expired. If your application is unsuccessful, this is usually the case no later than six months after completion of the application process or after 6 months of inactivity, either by you or the recruiter.
In individual cases, individual data may be stored for a longer period (e.g. statement of travel expenses). In such cases, the duration of storage is based on the statutory retention requirements arising, for example, from the German Tax Code (6 years) or the German Commercial Code (10 years).
You will not be notified when your profile is about to be deleted and you will receive no confirmation of its deletion. If you are still awaiting feedback regarding a position, please contact the responsible recruiter.
6. Your rights as a data subject when making an application
You can view, update and delete your data at any time in your Applicant Cockpit. Please note that you are responsible for the accuracy of your data.
You have the following rights as a data subject:
- the right of access according to Article 15 of the GDPR,
- the right to rectification according to Article 16 of the GDPR,
- the right to erasure according to Article 17 of the GDPR,
- the right to restriction of processing according to Article 18 of the GDPR,
- and the right to data portability according to Article 20 of the GDPR.
The restrictions according to Sections 34 and 35 of the Federal Data Protection Act apply to the right of access and the right to erasure.
In addition, you have a right to lodge an appeal with a data protection supervisory authority in accordance with Article 77 of the GDPR in conjunction with Section 19 of the Federal Data Protection Act, if you are of the opinion that your personal data is being processed unlawfully.
The Data Protection Supervisory Authority responsible for our company is:
The Baden-Württemberg State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information
Königstraße 10 a
PO Box 10 29 32
Tel: 0711/61 55 41 – 0
Fax: 0711/61 55 41 – 15
7. Information about your right to object according to Article 21 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
You have a right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal data which is based on Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR (data processing based on the balancing of interests).
8. Withdrawal of consent
You may withdraw your consent to the inclusion of your data in the applicant database at any time with effect for the future. We will also erase your data immediately upon request. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent prior to its withdrawal. The withdrawal of consent will result in the termination of your application process.
You can also contact us by post:
Bertrandt AG HR Marketing and Recruitment
9. No automated decision-making
No automated individual decision-making within the meaning of Article 22 of the GDPR takes place.
"Cookies" are used in several places when you use the online recruitment website. They serve to make the recruitment application more user-friendly, more effective and safer. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer. Session cookies are discarded when you leave our website. Permanent cookies (e.g. for functions such as "remember password") remain stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser until they are deleted. You can prevent the placement of cookies by choosing the appropriate settings of your browser software. However, please note that you may then not be able to make full use of all the website functions.
The following is a list of the cookies used:
The following cookies are used by Onlyfy:
Purpose: This cookie is used to identify the user while using Onlyfy. The cookie is essential for correct functionality. The cookie expires when the browser is closed.
Duration of storage: Until the browser window is closed (session cookie).
Purpose: This cookie is used to restore an expired session. The cookie is essential for correct functionality.
Duration of storage: The cookie expires after 2 weeks.
B-Information pursuant to Article 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO)
Bertrandt AG is responsible for data processing. If you have any queries, please contact Bertrandt AG, -Datenschutz- Birkensee 1, 71139 Ehningen or by e-mail Datenschutz@Bertrandt.com, phone: +49 7034 656-0
2. Contact details of the data protection officer
Mr. Michael Walther, e-mail: Datenschutz@Bertrandt.com
3. For what purpose and on what legal basis is the processing carried out? - Right of objection
Your data is collected in order, to
- Process information about you in connection with your professional career,
- to inform you directly about vacant job profiles,
- to keep in touch with you.
Your data are processed on the basis of Art. 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (legitimate interest).
The data controller processes the data for the purpose of optimal process design. The interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subjects are not affected. The personal data are generated from public sources and processed by the controller. The controller provides transparent information about the data processing. The processing of personal data by the controller on the basis of legitimate interests is permissible.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time, in accordance with Article 21 of the General Data Protection Regulation. You can exercise your right to object directly by contacting the data controller using the contact details above.
4. What data do we process from you?
We process the following personal data from you:
- Link to the social network profile
- Name, first name
- Feedback and reason for feedback
- Status of communication
- Current job title
- Department assignment
- Date of availability
- Work experience
- Language skills
- Technologies used (tools)
5. Who are the recipients of the data:
Bertrandt AG (this includes Bertrandt AG and affiliated companies within the meaning of Section 18 of the German Stock Corporation Act (these can be found at www.bertrandt.com/unternehmen/konzern/standorte/),
The following categories of data are processed:
- Communication data
- web links
- Availability data
6. Data transfer outside the EU / European Economic Area
Data will only be transferred outside the EU / EEA if an appropriate level of security is guaranteed.
7. How long will the data be stored?
The storage period is indefinite until the purpose of the data processing ceases to apply or until you object.
8. What rights do you have?
You have various rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Details can be found in particular in Articles 15 to 18 and 21 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Right of access
You can request information about the personal data we process. In your request for information, you should specify your request in order to make it easier for us to compile the necessary data.
Right to erasure
You can request the deletion of your personal data.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request restriction of the processing of data relating to you.
Right to data portability
You have the right to data portability of your personal data processed by us, in a common machine-readable format.
Right to object
You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of data concerning you.
Right to complain
If you believe that we have not complied with your request or not fully complied with your request, you may lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection supervisory authority.
9. Data sources
We use publicly available social media sources (for example LinkedIN, XING) to collect personal data
10. Obligatory or voluntary provision of personal data
There is no obligation on your part to provide the data. You may object to the data processing at any time by contacting the data controller.
11. Automated decisions and profiling according to Art. 22 of the General Data Protection Regulation
No, there is no automated decision-making including profiling.