We plan and organise state-of-the-art monitoring systems for mechanical and plant engineering. We help to merge the data from the plants or retrofit older plants with an IoT device for machine data acquisition.
Depending on the customer’s requirements, the IoT device can be adapted or reconfigured to certain machine types. The entire raw data can be transferred or the data can be pre-processed. We also ensure data connectivity to a local server or data transfer to the cloud (cloud readiness).
For that reason, we have set up the Bertrandt Industry Cloud (BIC), our own modular solution with concepts for data fusing, data analysis, machine learning and algorithm development. The BIC provides a basic modular system that only needs to be adapted to the customer’s respective machine or plant.
Example of an IoT device: “Energy Harvesting”
In a customer project, drive machines were retrofitted with an IoT device for machine data collection (MDC). We adopted the design and construction of the housing as well as the hardware and the development of the embedded software. The device is designed in such a way that Energy Harvesting can be carried out as a self-sufficient system for 16 years.
The data are filtered in the box, pre-processed and then read out and evaluated. In this case, the recorded vibration data are analysed for pattern recognition on the basis of faults that have already occurred, in order to recognise and eliminate faults at an early stage in the future.
The objectives of MDC and smartification
The creation of transparent processes, e.g. for the evaluation of downtime and the analysis of production processes
Advanced data analytics:
- to increase productivity, optimisation of warehouse logistics and intelligent replenishment control
- for troubleshooting
- for maintenance planning (preventive and predictive maintenance)
Enabling high-resolution management of production plants
Notification by email / text message if problems occur
Collection of machine data as input for a continuous improvement process (CIP)
Our services for machine data collection and predictive maintenance
- In cooperation with our customers, we create a list of requirements
- Short-term, medium-term, long-term objectives of smartification
- The machines used and their interfaces, taking into account the short-term, medium-term and long-term planning of a plant
- Availability of networks (LAN, WLAN, LTE, BT, etc.) and the production plants
- Legal conditions / obligations towards end customers
Based on the requirements
- suitable sensors for data collection are selected
- sensors are added to existing machines
- suitable data pre-processing or compression are selected for fast (machine) data
- the use of data loggers might also be a sensible alternative
- machine interfaces are connected
- central system interfaces, e.g. ERP systems, are connected
- gateways to the central data storage are defined
- an architecture for smartification is developed and a central data storage is defined.